Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Fia Fia 2014

FiaFia 2014

This term we had FiaFia. Every Thursday we would get into our groups and practice our dance. I was in Senior Hip Hop. Every time we had a practice I kept getting excited for our group to perform. We started by choosing a song. After that we started choosing our wonderful Hip Hop moves and from there we kept trying harder and harder to get it perfect.


We had Mele to do our dance moves she was a great dancer. After we had chosen our dance moves we decided what we were going to wear. At first we were going to wear yellow tops with blue pants or jeans so we could look like minions from the movie Despicable Me. We wanted to look like that because we were dancing to the song “Happy” from Pharrell Williams.


But then we decided to wear anything we wanted. After we had everything sorted we waited for our school rehearsal. Our whole school practised performing for Fia Fia night. When it was our turn to perform in front of the school I started shaking. But when I got on stage I stopped shaking and tried to dance as great as I could. The next day was the actual day of the Fia Fia.


On that day we all had to practise once again group by group and have one more meeting with our group before the actual performance later that day. After school I went home and got dressed into my clothes.

Excitedly I walked through the doors at the front of the school smelling the food. I smelt hangi, sausages, chips and different other types of food. I sat at a seat and waited for my friends to come. I sat there watching the people come in with their families buying food and then waiting for Mr. Burt to tell us to go to our changing rooms.

As soon as Mr Burt told us to leave to changing rooms  I ran straight to Class 12 and waited for Ms Paget or Ms King to open the doors. As she opened the door we went inside and had a talk after that we had Ms Paget put a movie on for us. A few minutes through the movie we heard Mr. Burt call us to walk to the field.

First was Senior Kapa Haka next after that was Junior Kapa Haka thirdly was Bollywood and then fourthly was my group. As we watched Bollywood we went behind the stage and waited for their performance to finish. A few moments later we heard our song play, we ran on stage and danced.

The lights were really bright and we couldn’t see the audience. When we were performing we all looked nervous. But as we kept going I could tell everyone was enjoying it. As soon as we finished dancing we ran off stage and went back to our spot and watched the rest of the other performances.

After we had all the performances we went back to our changing rooms and waited for our parents to come pick us up. In the end the FiaFia was a great success and we all did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.